Sunday, February 27, 2011
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
These candle sticks came in a pair for 2.99 Again the gold and I am not a fan of light wood either. However, recently I saw these at potterybarn.com for around $40 a piece. I know they are ALL black, however I liked the two toned so I just kept it.
My hubby subscribes to Sports Illustrated. He pretty much lives and breaths everything sports. I once found him reading those little boxes out of the new newspaper that tell you stats about players. So he knows his stuff is what I am saying. Anyway-not the point. So every year (because he is a good man) he throws the swimsuit addition straight into the trash- to avoid flooding his mind with pictures of scantily clad women that are not realistic to what he can expect from this girl. And every year I thank him while secretly thinking "I wanted to look at that" I would never actually say this (except now to you all) because truly I appreciate that he doesn't look at it. Well this year I was home when it was delivered and got to look at it before he threw it out!
I know I know, you are all thinking- "Hey Laurisa, Aren't you almost 5 months pregnant?, Doesn't this give you unhealthy body image?" or "Did you read your post from sunday?" or "You are letting the media tell you what you should look like" or "so you don't let your husband objectify women, but you do?" ...did I cover them all? (If not please feel free to leave a comment)
ANYWAY to the REAL REASON I READ...
I love the painted on swimsuits. I flip eagerly through the pages of the magazine to get to them. I find them ARTISTIC and INCREDIBLE. These "swimsuits" take almost 24 hours to paint on these girls and they look SO REAL. I seriously just spent 25 minutes looking at the 5 or 6 painted swimsuit pictures they had in there. They have creases where they would crease and the detail of the design is breath-taking. I wonder if these women feel dressed after they are painted on, cause they certainly look like they are wearing a swimsuit. Okay so that is my dirty little secret. I love SI swimsuit edition. (Or the 6 pages of painted on suits)
That's all I've got for now
Monday, February 21, 2011
2. I have had so much fun crafting/repurposing things this week. I even got Dan into it a bit. He went to the thrift store with me and picked out some good projects.
3.I really want to go on vacation! A beach vacation would be lovely. Just saying.
4. Today when I was trying to nap (It was mostly a failed endeavor) my little lady kept moving all around. It was so fun! She has never been that active. I can't wait till Dan can feel her too!
5. Have you seen "The business of being born"? Its a good documentary about hosptials and childbirth in this country. Check it out. *warning, this documentary is about having babies, so some nudity and grossness will be encountered. =)
Sunday, February 20, 2011
From the LIES of the past
From self condemnation
From lies of the enemy
From lies I heard my mother speak over herself
From generations of self image bondage
MY GOD IS STRONGER
The speaker then spoke on "The battle within" and how that keeps us focused inward and unable to recognize or focus on the goal. The passage he used which he prefaced with "I don't know why I am using this but God told me multiple times this was the passage to use" was ROMANS 8...it starts off -There is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus. Yep....I am kinda in Awe right now. I can and will be free of this battle. I WILL NOT let this be the example I set for my daughter. I do not want her beating herself up the way I do. Or believing horrible lies about herself...and that starts with me. Here, now. I am going to work on memorizing the passage from tonight. Because I need to beat myself over the head with it on a daily basis. I am free. Jesus Christ has "traded me" he became all the yuck and sin that I am so that I can be what he is...a loved and blessed child of God. I am so thankful for a Good God, and wonderful husband and the TRUTH that was spoken over me tonight.
that's all I've got-LA
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Friday, February 18, 2011
Monday, February 14, 2011
Sunday, February 13, 2011
-I have eaten my weight in Gummy Worms this week...this is something I aim to STOP NOW. They are just so yummy.
-I have started having heartburn. BOO to heartburn- YOU STINK HEARTBURN! ( I would like to point out I was shocked by this burning in my chest sensation- because I have never before had heartburn- I now carry tums in my purse)
-I have offically (or not so offically-if you count the gym scale and my trainer as non-offical) gained 8lbs so far in my pregnancy. Lets be honest, I am not really cool with ANY weight gain, but since that is not realistic or healthy (I'm not delusional, I knew I would gain weight) I am okay with 8lbs. I better cut down on the gummy worms or I will gain 8lbs THIS WEEK. (My swim suit bottoms still fit, so that is a plus...I am NOT going anywhere warm to be in a swimsuit, but I thought I would check just in case, and because I WANT to go somewhere warm and be in a swimsuit.)
-We bought some really great frames for baby girl's nursery at the thrift store this weekend- when I say they are really great I mean they are sturdy, but HIDEOUS...however, after some spray paint, and putting fabric over the mats they will be GORGEOUS! Can't wait to get crafting.
-We also went to restoration hardware and got a couple paint samples. I am thinking SILVER SAGE is the color for the nursery. We have to get the okay from our landlord to paint, hopefully he sees how NECESSARY it is and gives us the go ahead.
That is all I've got for now.
Friday, February 11, 2011
Option number 2: A bit more adventure! (for those of you who are less observant, you may be seeing the same thing)
Yes, this is the same fabric but is a much brighter color. I acutally love this fabric but am a bit afraid of the commitment.
With this one I would do the same bedskirt as above, but in the fuschia color that is in this fabric. I would spraypaint the chair a pale pink and do a brown cushion with brown curtains.(or maybe a fuschia cushion with the pale green curtians-anyones guess really) The pain color in this scenerio is Restoration Hardwares "Silver Sage" here is the best pick I could find. It is a grey, green, blue color- which allows for more decoration all around plus we have white furniture so it will really pop.
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Okay so I also missed monday miscellany- or miscellay monday (I always forget which word is first) which happens to be my favorite blogging day. DANG IT.
So I've been thinking about goals I have for after baby girl joins us. I get that I am naive, and some of them are probably VERY unrealistic, however, they are just goals, no one is going to beat me up (including myself) if they don't get done... so here they are. Feedback is VERY welcome.
1. To get dressed every day- Okay, when I say "get dressed" I mean change my clothes. If I am wearing sweats to sleep in, and change into NEW sweats, I think that counts. I am not going for a hygiene award here, but would like to put in a bit of effort everyday-plus if I plan to change my clothes, I figure that means I will be likely to brush my teeth and pull a comb through my hair daily as well.
2. I want to have a date night with my husband. I am willing to give us a month or so to get this worked out, but I want to be able to spend a few hours weekly eating a meal just with the two of us . I think I am a bit nervous about adding a baby into our relationship. We really have a wonderful thing going right now, and I don't want to loose that. I know it takes work to keep relationships strong, so 2 hours a week for us alone seems reasonable to me. WHO WANTS TO BABYSIT?
3. This is kinda starting now, but I want to work hard on our budget so we don't feel stressed with me cutting down hours at work and find ways to save on everyday items we use. We use Dave Ramsey's method of budgeting, and we do not own a house yet, so we need to be saving big time so we can stop renting. (yep, I know a lot of people buy with little to no savings/downpayment, but that isn't our choice so we will have to budget well for me to work partime add a baby and save well)
4. Do the laundry. Dan currently does the laundry. He always has and I don't mind one bit! I HATE folding/hanging up laundry. However, only working part time I think I should pick up this chore. Just to be nice. Not cause I really want to...just in case you were wondering.