Valentines Day= Favorite Day


Today truly may be my FAVORITE day of the year!
I am aware that most people like to ignore today and call it a "hallmark holiday"... I am also aware that a rose that usually costs about 1 buck costs about five... But the truth is today is my birthday, so it is already a special day to me, and then on top of that it is VALENTINES DAY!

So this one day a year I let my terribly UNROMANTIC self get caught up in the romance. The flowers, the cards, the sentiments of love. It
truly is a wonderful thing. On what other day can you string up heart shaped garland, give and receive heart shaped cookies, candies, and assortments of other goods all in the name of love.

Valentines day has been particularly good the last several years because of



THIS GUY! ------------------>

(Isn't he cute?- Yep I agree! (I probably made him pose like this FYI) Now please take note of the guy in the background. No clue what he is doing, but it looks like he is sleeping or something!)




I married an incredibly sweet, romantic man. It really is something that I find amazing every day. He is loving, considerate, compassionate, and kind yet and he pulls it off with a massive amount of masculinity. Okay, Okay I know I am getting all lovey dovey on you. (COME ON PEOPLE
ITS VALENTINES DAY!)

Here are a few of my favorite memories with my my wonderful
hubby.





This is how dan proposed to me. He did it outside of PV starbucks where we met. HE had daises and rose petals on the table and my ring (he saved hard for that puppy! I was shocked to see it so soon.) on the ribbon of the vase. I was totally surprised and he rattled something about two flowers representing us, and one representing God. I can't recall all the details, but the fact that there were SO MANY details I love!! It was so thought out.









I once came home to this! He was
already gone and my very first thought (and probably yours too) are "Why are there pastel dinosaur footprints on my bed? Well acutally those are tulip petals hand crafted by my husband! Each once was colored with marker and had a character quality he loves about me on the back. Incredible huh? I mean I still call this the time he "cut out dinosaur footprints for me...but that is mainly because I am unromantic, or pretending to be. But truly WOW! I won the guy lottery!

This is our first married kiss. Best kiss of my life.
He totally surprised me and jus
t WENT FOR IT! I mean fireworks kinds kiss. One of my unmarried bridesmaids was freaking out later about
how great the kiss was. Ha
ha....here is a pic of her talking about it afterwards, just cause I think it is cute.


Haha! This is Janell isn't she cute? Well I love this picture from our wedding cause I remember her re-inacting the moment step by step. (p.s. her kiss at her wedding last fall was equally powerful!)





And this is just one of my favorites. Obviously you can see why. We are just being US. I am so thankful God blessed me with a man that is my equal, intellectual counterpart, a spiritual leader, my best friend, and I am SO EXCITED to spend the rest of my life LOVING HIM!

SO HERE IS TO VALENTINES DAY!
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY PEOPLES! (and to you too Dan!)

Comments

  1. i love this one! you're husband is a good man! you chose well! Happy Birthday my sweet friend! i love you! you're an incredible friend, an awesome wife and are going to be such a great mom!
    love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts