More Provision

When I was Pregnant and found out Emmaus had heart tumors and probable TS I remember feeling very much that God has always been faithful to me and that he would be faithful in this too. In the last couple months God has been faithful in so many ways. Do you all remember this blog in which I mention in the beginning that I was very frustrated with the financial crunch that having a sick baby brings?

Well here is what happened today. Earlier today I took a bunch of checks to the bank. I deposited $1300 total that was from extra jobs we have done, gifts people have given to us, etsy sales, ect. But it was 1300 of "extra" income that we could use towards medical bills we have. A little bit after that I was talking to a friend on the phone telling her how the 6k that I expected we would have to spend between now been decreased to about 2500 dollars
*We didn't have to spend the $1000 for our blood work cause it is covered by insurance
*We had $1000 in our HSA (which yes this is our money, but we had it taken out of Dan's check ahead of time, so never really had it, so it hurts less to spend)
*Then the $1300 of extra income we had earned/was given to us over the last few weeks
So that is $2700 that we owe.
Anyway, I was telling this friend how I felt so good about this amount. That God had been faithful. That we weren't having to completely empty our savings to pay for this and that only having to pay $2700 I was able to wrap my mind around the possibility for us to be prepared for January and having to have $5000 saved for Em's medical costs for next year.
I definitely was feeling blessed and thankful for how God had provided for us.
Then tonight Dan got coffee with a friend. The friend handed Dan a check from his parents in the amount of $2500 dollars. UMMMM WHAT?!?!
That right there is God's provision. That is God's faithfulness. That is God's people giving in huge ways to take the stress off our family. To provide for us so that we can focus not on working extra hours or cutting our budget even more but for loving and caring for our baby girl. So our 6k bill just turned into a 200 bill. Yep. I cried. (I'm sure you all are shocked that I cried...right?!)
*This week I haven't made a meal...infact I have 3 meals in the fridge/freezer to make over the weekend
*We went to St. Louis to see Dr Wong for FREE! Our Hotel was covered. And some friends gave us a 100buck gas card and 300dollars in cash for food, ect. (Which some of that went to pay for medical bills too!)
*People have ordered headbands, let Dan cut their lawns, Clean their garages, People have just plain written us checks! A friend gave me her babysitting Job this week that was the easiest gig ever and paid 850 bucks!
This is God's faithfulness.
And one SHAMELESS Dave Ramsey plug. Dan and I don't watch our finances so carefully because we want to be rich and retire by 40. We are careful with them so we can bless others. So that we can stay out of debt and have financial freedom. So we don't have to live paycheck to paycheck. We have had a rough couple years financially. We will probably always meet our medical deductible, but we will plan and save that money so it doesn't sink us. (we did this for our insurance cost related to my pregnancy and it was so freeing to know we had our deductible saved specifically to spend on that!)

Someday we hope to repay all these blessings we have received. To help a family that needs help. Because that is what God calls us to do. We cannot express how blessed we feel. How thankful we are. How strongly we believe and can say God has ALWAYS been faithful to us. And he HAS been faithful through this.
So thank you for helping. Thank you for letting God use you in our story.
Just wanted to share this sweet victory with you tonight
Love, La

Comments

  1. God is so faithful. Praising God with you this morning for His provisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. I have been praying for you guys and I am so encouraged to see how the Lord provides. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this so much! i can't wait for the families that you'll bless & the stories you'll be a part of when their huge bills/stress/fears get decreased to almost nothing. continuing to pray for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome, Laurisa! I would have cried too if I were you. In fact...I may have gotten tears in my eyes as i read this. I am a big sap. But truly a huge blessing and answer to prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay so the crazy thing about facebook and the world of online blogging is that you can "stalk" people who have no idea that you even follow up on you. reading your testimonies throughout your entire blog has been such a blessing. I know we have like NEVER talked since we worked in Ford, but WOW I am thankful for the internet and how brave you are in sharing your life for people to follow. God will continue to bless you, just as you have blessed others!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts