Uncovering the good stuff

So today I am finding it a little hard to be grateful for what we have and for all that we have been given/all the good times we have had in the last 2 years. I WANT to blog about how rough it has been in the last 2 years and how whenever we get money saved and I think we are getting close to a house down payment, we use that money for medical bills- I could write a book about this...and probably would....HOWEVER INSTEAD I am going to make a list of some of the stuff we have been given and some of the good times in the last two years to publicly remember. And so I don't complain this whole post.

-Dan and I got married and had a beautiful wedding provided for us just over 2 years ago
-We found out that Dan had medical problems in the nick of time in the hidden blessing of appendicitis
-We learned about Dave Ramsey which has given us so much financial peace and freedom...even if we never get to buy a home due to medical bills that are ever present in our family-we at least are not in debt.
-We both have jobs, and good ones at that!
-We have never been in need..."in want" plenty of times.. but we have always had enough to have good housing, food, clothing, ect
-We got to take a trip to Memphis last fall and just spend a week together
-We both have cars to drive
-We have a beautiful daughter that has added so much joy to our lives.
-We have a dog- she is neurotic yet entertaining. And that's all I'm gonna say about that.
-We have a wonderful community that surrounds us as well as great families
-My husband is madly in love with me and would do anything to support this family. (He is also crazy about Em she is lucky to have such a wonderful dad)
-God has always provided for us- and he will provide now. (I just need to say that about 100 times today to get it in my head)

I think that is progress. Because when I woke up today I was grateful only for my husband and my daughter and nothing else...The rest was covered in anger and stress.

That's all for now,
Love, La


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts