Cinnamon Sugar

Few things make me quite as nostalgic as sharing some of my favorite childhood things with my daughters.

This morning it was cinnamon toast.

Perfectly made. Crunchy, but somewhat soft from using too much butter, and then saturated with sweet, cinnamony, goodness. Just like my mom made it.

The typical chaos slowed amongst the signs, and spoken "muh muh" and squeals from the small one  (who had woken up super early and had already had two breakfast's)  Never fighting each other for the next bite but each knowing there was plenty to be had. It was a moment in time I will remember as a mom.
              Two girls.  Their rose bud sugar coated lips. And and lots of bites and happy girls later.

Now... Maybe we should try orange julius. Hey mom- can you email me the recipe?




Photobucket

Comments

  1. Sure I will send you the recipe...and TWO breakfasts already for Shi....I knew she reminded me of something! A HOBBIT!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts