DOS

Lots of people have been inquiring how we are adjusting- so here it is.
Emmaus is in the middle of a developmental spurt at the moment- which is both exciting and exhausting. She has new opinions, but isn't able to communicate them well- so gets frustrated easily, she has taken to climbing EVERYTHING. And since she is not the most stable child- and cannot easily get out of these high spaces- I cannot have her out of my sight- OR I may find her standing on a chair at the stove trying to turn it on, scaling the stairs/railing-hanging off at a 45 degree angle -sitting on our side tables- hanging off the side of the couch-standing on her toy chest.
You get my point. She is brave.
LESS CLIMBING MORE WALKING CHILD!

Emmaus is SO sweet with her sister. 

She loves to kiss her- and initiates this on her own. (Kiss = lick). She loves to be near her. When we burp Shiloh, Emmaus likes to help and pats her back along with us. She loves to stroke her head, and just be near her. She "talks" to her in the sweetest voice- her tone gets lower, and she gets quieter. It is truly such a fun thing to watch.
One funny thing- is when Shiloh starts crying Emmaus thinks it is funny. She laughs with this ridiculously low toned slow laugh. It's a chuckle really. And its hilarious.

Here is a great picture of my daily life. 
 Having both of them by myself has been interesting- I thought I would be more overwhelmed, but it is going pretty well. Yesterday we even made it to the doctor for a quick visit by myself! Emmaus having school twice a week has been a blessing! It is nice to know after a busy day with both of them the next day is a school day and I will only have one.

Shiloh- She is pretty much an incredibly easy baby so far. She is an awesome nurser. And not having to worry about her weight (like we did with Emmaus) has been AWESOME! Since her first night home she has consistently slept 4-5 hours in a row at night. UMMMM I am not sure how I won the sleeping lottery with this child- but WOWZA- it's a blessing. (Emmaus hasn't slept a solid night since Shiloh was born- but what else is new!?)

So far we are just enjoying our new life. Enjoying sweet Shiloh- and getting to watch Emmaus love her so well.
I feel that I have gained a new amount of patience- because I only have two hands and cannot feed a baby and help my toddler at the same time. I am learning grace for my own capacity- and patience for Emmaus' capacity to handle things. I am learning to calmly explain to Emmaus why she has to wait- and understanding her lack in ability to communicate brings on whining, and grumpiness.
And most importantly I am learning when to just call it quits and head home, change activities, give up on a battle.

Yesterday I started working on taking care of myself too.  Here were my key actions
-Eat more than a bite of your toddlers mac & cheese and a few bites of dinner (LIKE SOME PROTEIN)
-Drink more water than other liquids
-Remember that coca-cola isn't a food group.
-Sit down, lift the toddler as little as possible

Lots of learning. Lots of loving.

Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts