What I've been up to since baby is still in utero

I'm sitting here looking at my extremely wonky belly. I don't remember Emmaus moving like this! This kid likes to shift. Baby will lay all on one side, or all on the other. Or sometimes stretch legs across the top of my belly making it look VERY square.
I had Emmaus at exactly 39 weeks. So of course I figured I would have this baby early too. Well as each day past 39 weeks passes- I start to think maybe not.  Last friday I was convinced I was in early labor all day. And pretty much since then- NOTHING!
NOTHING. 
However- I feel really good. Yes I am semi-uncomfortable, have a touch of heartburn now and then, and get tired in the afternoons. But over-all for being due on monday I feel awesome! I am sleeping great at night, and we are trying to fill our days to pass the time.

Today Emmaus my mom and I ventured out to Deanna Rose Farmstead. It's a cute local (free) place that has some basic animals and lots of activities. Emmaus is still to little for most of the activities- but she LOVES the animals.
Emmaus and Grammy (Gma, Mimi, or whatever she will be called) looking at the cows. 

Today I learned that she knows almost all of her animal noises (or at least the animals we saw). I had no idea! She also plainly pointed to a bed of flowers and said "Flower" clear as day. Guess the daily Baby Einstein video's are paying off! I also heard her say blocks & diaper today. It is crazy the words coming out of her mouth these days!
She also yells a lot, and screams with excitement. We are trying to teach her to clap, or say HAPPY or EXCITED- so far excited glee-filled screams are still with us. 

Her strength is coming along. She is getting so brave with her standing, and squatting, and crusing the furniture. WE LOVE her orthotics- I call them her pink ankles! They make her so stable and she wants to wear them!


 Since baby still has not made his/her appearance I have had some extra days to craft & sew. When it comes to projects I am a details girl. I LOVE the little details. That is part of why I hate doing something for the first time- because inevitably I am learning and it never turns out as perfect in the details as I would like it to be.
Today I finished baby's quilt. It was my first time hand quilting a quilt and it was really fun. I mainly did it while watching TV in the evenings. It is nice to have my hands busy!
Today though- I did the binding.  The first time I made a blanket I bought bias tape for the edges- then I learned how to make it (thanks grandma!). Bias tape is SO easy to make once you do it a couple times, and it is quick to apply on smaller projects- but it is one of those details that adds so much! Once I finish a quilt I LOVE searching for the perfect fabric for the binding. It draws the blanket together and just adds a perfect finish- plus its WAY CHEAPER (and cuter) than what they sell in the store.

 Bias Tape for baby's blanket
Finished quilt. I feel like the room is ready! The quilt draped over the bed....only missing ONE thing!

Any day little one!

Photobucket

Comments

  1. i LOVE the picture of her standing so tall straight and strong! I'm so impressed by her. And so impressed by you. You're so good at being her mommy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts