It's a.....BABY

Written: 3/8/13
Today was our "20" week ultrasound. I am not quite 20 weeks, but close. We had to do a level two ultrasound to be a little more specific- since we are looking for specific characteristics that would suggest this baby has TS.
It was at the same hospital I went to when we found out Emmaus would have TS. However- the hospital has recently undergone a huge make over- so I figured it wouldn't be the same area.
As we were lead back to the ultrasound room- I realized I had been wrong and it was in the same location. I knew I was a little nervous for the ultrasound, but  as we headed back to the same rooms dread seriously flooded over me. And all those emotions of fear, confusion, and hopelessness ran over me. I was crying before I laid on the ultrasound table. Honestly, my emotions surprised me- and Dan.  It wasn't until half way through before I relaxed a little and the nervous shakes started to go away.
TS has so much become our reality- and the odds of this baby having it are low- but man I had forgotten about those first emotions of finding out that Emmaus had TS- they got me.

However, everything looks great- this does not mean we are 100% clear of TS in this pregnancy- we will check for signs at 30 weeks as well since some of the signs don't show up until later- however, I am breathing a little easier today.

We did not find out the sex- although I thought Dan might loose his mind over this. It was really hard for him to walk away not knowing, and a teeny part of me was hoping he would cave and want to find out, cause I too am excited to know! BUT- I am excited to find out on our baby's birthday too!


Photobucket

Comments

  1. Aaah Laura. Again, I say this all the time, but I can't imagine having to walk that road again that hurt so bad last time. You're a brave and mighty woman.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts