Post Surgery night 1


Well our girl did great. No surgery complications or surprises. Surgery was a bit shorter than we thought it would be and truly the part that seemed the longest was from the point we knew she was done to when we could go back and see her. She has been very sleepy but has woken up several times. She prefers to see a familar face when she wakes up.
Her incision is bigger than I thought it would be- and honestly in a much different place than I figured. A headband should cover it nicely.
We felt so much peace today and we know it only could be due to the incredible amount of prayers and support we had. I seriously stopped looking at my phone/fb ect cause I just couldn't keep up- WHAT A GREAT PROBLEM TO HAVE!!
Emmaus is in the ICU now.
Couple of cool things- 1. Our surgeon was willing to pray with us this am and then thanked us for the prayers this afternoon.
2. Our nurse that is getting her settled in the ICU was a nurse who worked at CMH's recovery unit and that I got report from all the time.
It is just so nice to see a familiar face when I are walking into a foreign environment.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers today. They truly have been incredible.
Okay back to my sweet girl. I will post a pic below. She looks super white due to blood loss- but hasn't needed a transfusion yet. She also will get much more swollen in the next few days.

Little one resting well.

Photobucket

Comments

  1. Oh that pic makes me cry. Sweet girl. Love you guys. Praying for a restful night and continued good news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious baby. I cried too. So glad everything went well and I'll keep praying!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been praying for your precious baby girl all day. My 1.5 year old son also has TS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that it all went well! And how awesome that your surgeon let you pray with him. Praying for an easy recovery x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you all. I am so glad to hear the surgery went well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts