Moving on up

Well I have been waiting all day to update until we saw the neuro-surgeon.
Emmaus did really well last night- she mainly just slept and then woke up for a couple minutes then slept again.
She had a fever over night, but has been fever free all day. She also had an elevated blood glucose level (230) and was having PVC's (an irregular heart beat). All of that turned out to be nothing. Thank God!
Today it took her a while to wake up but she is now very chipper- trying to pull out all her lines, playing with her dolly- eating 3 jars of baby food and an 8oz bottle.
(Her right eye is truly open in this pic)
We just saw our neurosurgeon- he said he is really happy with how she is doing & the MRI looks great.
Icing on the cake?! Zero seizures since surgery. Emmaus' seizures usually happen at the bridge between wake and sleep- she has done a lot of "waking & sleeping" in the last 24 hours- so we are pretty happy with those results.
Our neurologist explained that this does not mean she is out of the woods- the first 24 hours don't really tell us much- but we will know in the first week what the surgery accomplished.
As a mom I am super happy with 24 hours seizure free because I don't think she has had a seizure free day since before she started seizing.

She is very swollen and will get more swollen in the next couple of days. She will also get more brusied.
(Her daddy singing her a very sweet song not like my next example)

Her left ear is very low on her head due to the swelling- I am assured it will rise back up- I know this makes me a horrible mother or something but I just can't stop wanting to sing "do your ears hang low" to her.  (I guess since it is a temporary problem its probably okay!)
We were very nervous about our ICU stay- but it really has been great. But we are very excited to move to a more"wireless" setting on the med-surg floor.

Photobucket

Comments

  1. Oh my heart. Those pictures are just too much for me - I can't look at them and not cry! But such good news! We are praying for more and more good news! Even if the no seizures is just a temporary thing, I keep imagining what true rest must feel like to her little brain! It's crazy to think that she hasn't had 24 hours of that for over a year. You are a great mama. I'm so proud to know you guys. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Kelsey on this one...brought tears to my eyes to not see her looking like her normal smiley self, but happy tears to read seizure free! Keep up the good work guys! You're one step closer to bringing that sweet babe home!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts