Cascade Did you know

Did you know you can use cascade for a couple things BESIDES cleaning your dishes?

1. It gets baby poo out of EVERYTHING! I learned this from a friend at work and it seriously is the best mommy tip I have.  (besides loving your kids & remembering to feed them) It has to be the cascade with the GREEN top if you use liquid, or it can be powder that you add water to and make a paste. It smells like bleach but I promise won't bleach your baby's poopy clothes.  (just put the cascade on the stain, rub it in, rinse it out- repeat if necessary) We had ZERO outfits we had to toss because of poo stains-and if you have had a baby you know that is IMPRESSIVE-cause that stuff stains bad!

2. Today I learned it gets the funk out of your coffee pot. You see, for the last year we have had issues with our coffee pot "overflowing"- so every morning when I make coffee I also get to clean my counter cause it gets covered in coffee- lovely. So today my mom told me just to soak the lid in warm water mixed with the dishwasher soap. 5 soaks later my coffee pot lid is still leaching black stuff and chunks of black stuff- so mine might be a lost cause, but we are still trying! (Sorry if I have served you coffee ever- clearly I am not to be trusted in the beverage prep arena.)


*DISCLAIMER
- don't think I am too gross for having such a dirty coffee pot- I have cleaned it multiple times with vinegar water without any success- plus its been crazy around here- I kinda forget about it after I clean it up each morning. (Yes, I am afraid you will judge me for my coffee pot being dirty-but openly blogged about my pee spot. Also- I was not paid by Cascade to give my opinion- just wanted to share these helpful tips!

Emmaus is doing well today- Happy, Playful, head is still looking good- not swollen at all. She had a little issue with vomiting last night that had me a bit worried, but we think it was probably the anesthesia or something, cause it was very short lived.

Photobucket

Comments

  1. You can also use it for white clothes if you want to use bleach but don't have any. Makes them super white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DON'T use the cascade (or any dishwasher detergent) to run THROUGH the coffeepot, though! It is only for the outer cleaning stuff! I have never tried it to run through! Also, if you have a glass coffee carafe, fill it with hot water and cascade (about a tablespoon or so) to clean the coffee grunge off. Let it soak and rinse. Most of the coffee stain will just swirl right off with no or little scrubbing. And here is another tip (I think I learned this one from Judy). To clean soap scum off of glass shower doors, use a liquid lemon furniture polish. Just put it on a cloth and rub the doors down. It takes the scum right off and the shower smells awesome!(but if you get it on the shower floor it IS slippery so be careful!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, my daughter has TS as well. I was curious to see if we could chat in private some time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom has been doing this ever since we were little! I used some on my one of my husband's white polos a few years ago and it left a little bleach-y stain.. but I doubt I was using name brand Cascade. LOVE it! Need to try it on a few things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. too bad they don't sell it here in Brazil! :(
    My baby has sure stained a lot of clothe!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts