Incredible Joy

I am somewhat overwhelmed with joy when truly I should be a little stressed out. 
This week we had an Occupational therapy evaluation for Emmaus, An Eye Appointment & then tommorrow/tonight at 230am we head to St.Louis to see our neurologist.
Normally this would make me ultra stressed. But I guess I just have a joyful heart this week.

The OT eval was good. They said Miss Emmaus is not chewing so we need to go back to pureed foods and teach her how to chew in the mean time. We also are thickening her liquids. She has been choking with milk & water for months- so even though this seems like a step back, we are really happy about our options and solving a problem!
Easy gel thickener that makes Emmaus' bottles way easier for her to drink! It comes in packets so it is so easy to add to any drink for her!
If you read my blog from earlier today you saw the result of the Optho appointment. The chubbs needs glasses. She has a very severe astigmatism and the Dr thinks her vision is completely blurry. (Maybe this is part of the reason she will not pick up food and feed herself!) 
6 months ago I cried when they told me she may need glasses- today, I think it is fine. This is our life, she is a joyful incredible child- who cares if she has glasses. Plus she looks DAMN cute in them. 

I am also thankful for....
Have you had these??? Seriously- I am obsessed. I text my sis in law about them incessantly. I bought 3 boxes at TJ's this week. (Just to have for the next few weeks) 


Painted piggies. 


Fall- like temperatures... TODAY WAS GLORIOUS. 

In other news- if you want an Emmaus Roadies T-shirt let me know! 
the quote on the back is 
"Through Echoes in the darkness I will walk the Emmaus road, but I will not be alone."




They are 12$ for non walkers and print cost for walkers/ those raising funds for our walk. 

I am also thankful for a great bottle of wine and homemade pizza tonight, as well as an afternoon of nothing! I need days alone to recharge. 

Love, 
La





Comments

Popular Posts