Wedding

We went to a wedding last night. It was probably the best wedding ceremony I have ever been too. Completely unorthodox, but so joy filled it was bursting at the seams. As the music begins to swell and  the bride begins to walk down the aisle I always am always overcome with such excitement it gives me butterflies.  Last night was no different- although she walked into a worship song that had so much power it was like she was the bride of christ- coming to meet her savior. It was very cool. Anyway- in the midst of all of this I began to cry (of course).  At first it was just because of the wedding...then it turned into something very different. That damn fear monster. I suddenly had the realization that my sweet baby girl may never be doing this. That the severity of her TSC may prevent her/us from these joyful milestones. As I was desperately trying to get it together before it became obvious something was wrong I realized this was the first wedding we had been to since having Emmaus. Those life events that I am fearful my daughter may not get are hard the first time.
The couple chose to start the wedding with some worship songs. And it was so meaningful to me. It really helped heal my heart in that moment. (My heart is always a healing in process- but it began to shrink the fear of that moment).

A couple lines from the songs that really stuck out to me.

"You are light, you are light when the darkness closes in"
"You are peace, you are peace When my fear is crippling"
"Thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide. Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow"

I am so thankful to be living a life that is not controlled by fear. That even though I am dwelling in a very broken world full of sickness and disease it doesn't matter- because my hope is not in this world.

Just like this beautiful wedding I am so excited for the day I am the bride walking towards the bride-groom Christ. In a place where no sickness can touch us, no sorrows can sadden us and life is as it should be.

Love,
La

Comments

  1. This makes me think about what a light you are...how God shines through you and Dan and Em. You are an amazing wife and mother.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts