The one with the art analogy

I had a day off today.  I rested....and crafted. And I ran a few errands.
I mainly crafted (Truly- I mainly took care of the little one, but when she was sleeping or playing I crafted).
Oh be still my creative soul. Some days I just need to create something beautiful.
I think it is therapeutic for me in a way. I am able to manipulate my materials, form them, change them and in the end have a finished product that is excellently crafted. Something beautiful. I control the outcome of my project.
My life is so opposite of that right now. I guess in reality it always has been. But these days I feel I have control of very little- that I am just along for the ride hoping the outcome is good.
I feel like my life is a jackson pollock painting...to me it makes no sense, but to the creator it is a perfect work, it is carefully planned.
Funny how beauty can come from both careful execution and chaos.
My soul feels rested after a creative day. (Now lets hope the babe sleeps tonight)

Love,
La
(sorry about the title...I watched a LOT of FRIENDS episodes today!)


Comments

Popular Posts