My Job

Now don't get me wrong... I love my job. But sometimes it is just really hard. I knew nursing would be a challenging profession at times. I knew working nights would be tiring, that working with kids would be challenging at times and working with their parents even harder. But that's not what I mean.  I was not prepared for the emotional challenge that would come after having my own child.

I think maybe it would be less if Emmaus was completely healthy and I couldn't relate so much to what a lot of these parents are going through, or if when I saw a seizing child I didn't see a piece of my daughter in them. Sometimes I care for patients that have conditions that TS patients can also have and I just pray as I leave and enter the room that God would protect my daughter from that condition.
I know I can handle a lot, but there are some things I fear I might not handle very well.

I am so thankful to have co-workers that encourage me, co-workers that pull up a song on the computer to calm an anxious child, that sit in parent-less rooms and rock crying babies. I am so grateful for the staff on my floor.

And I am blessed to come home to this.
A hubby that at 745 in the morning is already playing on the floor with our daughter. A daughter who despite looking like a super grump in this pic is happy, developing, and I hate to point out the obvious but SO DAMN CUTE.

Work was hard this weekend. But thankfully I now get 5 whole nights until I have to think about work again.

Love,
La

Comments

Popular Posts