JoCo not Granola

This morning I went to the diaper swap at happybottomus. Um WOAH. I think of myself as a kinda naturally minded person. I cloth diaper. I believe natural childbirth is completely normal. I like to look to nature before medicine (which I find completely amusing considering both my kid & my hubby are on LOTS of meds).
Anyway- today I learned I might lean towards natural...but I am definitely NOT granola. Holy cow! The cloth diapering moms that were at this swap were HARD CORE! Most babies I saw there were clothed mainly in hemp & wool & were using some really crazy cloth diapers as opposed to the very similar to disposable, ones that we use.

I am the JOCO version of a cloth diapering mom. The one woman I bought diapers from looked very similar to me in style. Her table was the least granola (and I assume her baby was clothed in baby gap or carters clothing) and she has all bum genius diapers that were barely worn because cloth diapering didn't work out for them (SCORE FOR ME). She had lower prices, yet no one was at her table because I think they all thought she was too JOCO...not serious enough.
It was super funny & I got some barely worn great diapers on the cheap.

On a not so fun note Emmaus is getting teeth. This is great except that it is causing lots of sleepless nights. She wakes up a lot a night anyway because she has most of her seizures at night. But usually she goes back to sleep no problem. But with the teeth coming in she is waking up due to the seizures AND then staying awake because she is hurting. Bahh... Apparently tylenol and ora-gel don't help her much either. Poor baby. Tired mommy & daddy.  She does kinda like cold teething rings, however, she doesn't have the motor skills yet to hold it in her own mouth yet. So last night we sat up with her holding the dang things in her mouth for her to chew on. Which don't get me wrong we are very happy to do.

Lucky me I get to work tonight sooo I have a perfect reason to get a long nap in today! Thank you Jesus for nap time!

Love, La





Comments

  1. I almost went to that swap. We could have met! Oh well... Yay for cheap diapers tho! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're hilarious. it's all a spectrum, isn't it. I think I'd hover very close to the middle, slightly on the granola side. :) hope Em's teeth give her (and you) a break. love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts