Ode to Stanley

So last night was somewhat eventful. My friend Suzy had to make a sudden trip to the ER and didn't want to take her 1 week old baby girl (for obvious reasons) so June came to stay for a few hours around 4am and Emmaus and June (although unbeknownst to both of them) had their first little sleep over. They both slept the whole time...probably the last time that will happen when they have a sleep over- I say this only because I remember what it was like when I slept over at Suzy's house as a kid and there was very little sleeping. Sometimes there was me peeing my pants and getting a gazillion hives (another story for another blog post), or us sneaking a bit of champagne on thanksgiving, or dance parties to "brick house" or eating entire packs of twizzlers, or even watching the sunrise a few times...however there really never was a ton of sleeping. And when our girls add Clara Bury to the mix I am sure NO sleeping will ever happen at their future sleepovers.

However, even though that was eventful the purpose of this blog post is to give a little shout out, a little nudge even to our friend "stanley the stump" (don't be overly impressed...I named him solely for this post...however, if I knew he would be "hanging around" for so long I WOULD have named him for realz)

AN ODE to STANLEY

Stanley dear you did sustain,
However now I find you quite a pain.
You gave nutrients to my dear sweet girl,
But now look like poop and make me want to hurl.
By around two weeks they said you would be gone,
However six weeks later you are still on.
It truly is time for you to go free,
So baby girl can go to the pool with me.
So thank you for working hard for 9 months long,
But it is really time to head to the trash where you belong.


A Pic of stanley & Emmaus...just hanging around
Emmaus knew I was going to post on stanley so pointed him out to you all especially for this pic. Yes, I know she is EXTREMELY advanced for just shy of 6 weeks old.
(Don't judge her shanky looking belly shirt. We are just hanging out in the house today- I don't take her out looking like this!)

I guess I figure if I write her cord a poem it might FINALLY come off. PRETTY MUCH LONGEST LASTING CORD EVER...(actually her Dr. said she saw one stay on for 8 weeks! I can tell he won't make it that long)
Well, That's all for now,
Love, La

Comments

  1. La, you missed your calling as a poet! love it! and i LOVE that you, Em, and Suzy all had little baby girls just a few months apart, that is seriously SO fun. makes me just a little jealous. but not jealous enough to make one...yet...sorry. :)
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahahahaha! that's awesome.

    p.s. we never found Lila's cord when it fell off. It was probably just in her diaper and we missed it, but I have a fear that the dog ate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our doctor said that dirty stumps fall off faster. You must be too clean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny! What an awesome poem for Stanley. And you rock for hosting Emmaus's first sleepover with her 1 week old friend, June!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts