The circle goes round.

So I know I already posted today but I just wanted to share this.

Last night I realized that we almost already hit our 5k buck out of pocket max(opm) for our new insurance (we switched to Dans in July because that is when mine ended) (when I say almost hit- we will by monday when Em has her MRI.) I knew we would, but I guess I had forgotten that our OPM was so high. We just got done paying our 3k OPM for my birth/pregnancy and now here we are with the 5k due for our new insurance- that I might add is only for July-Dec and then we will start over on our deductible and OPM in January (which I assume we will hit again quickly due to Em's frequent exams) We also were facing a 1k buck lab test for Dan and I to see if the TSC was genetic or just a fluke thing. CMH genetics warned us this probably wouldn't be covered by insurance. So that is 9k in around 3 months on health bills alone.
Well today I called the insurance company to just check to be sure that they wouldn't pay for our lab work and guess what?? THEY WILL! Genetic testing is part of what our plans offer! That is 1 thousand buckaroos we don't have to shell out! Which was a huge relief!
Earlier in the day (before I found out about the labs being covered) I was talking to my mom about all of this and the stress of it all and feeling like it's hard enough to cope with TSC and all that it involves, however to add financial stress just tips me over the edge of what I handle with grace. So she suggested not only that we ask God for provision(which we do) but that we get specific. So today I said to God in desperation- God, we need extra income! Please bring me Etsy sales. So a few hours ago I checked my etsy site to get an address for an order I had last friday (the only order I've had since I put my shop back up a few weeks ago) and I had TWO new orders for multiple items! They actually came in last night, but I was so busy crying about how life isn't fair (and comforting a kiddo who cried a lot last night too-completely unrelated to me) I didn't see them.But I'm glad I didn't. Cause this is what happened instead...
I hit a point of wondering if God even cares that we are struggling down here. To say to God- "we are faithful with our finances, we are responsible with money, we don't live outside our means, we live frugally, we tithe, we give to others generously, and yet here we are again-for what feels like the millionth time in 2 years of spending all our money on health costs- so what's the deal God?!" To have the conversation that we trust him, but NEED to see his faithfulness. And then when we get to this breaking point He shows up. He always shows up. He always provides and provides in the perfect timing. Almost as saying "Now watch me redeem this situation". And somehow I'm surprised?! This happens every time! God Moves. And we begin to be pulled out of the rubble that has been piling onto our spirits, finances, hope, ect.So if you are one of the people that bought off my Etsy site last night, or in the last week really, Thank you. Thank you! You were instrumental in re-instilling hope in my spirit today. I know maybe it doesn't seem like a lot to you, but it is huge to us. Now to tackle the other 5k we owe... Here is the link to my etsy if you want a headband!
www.sasabluedesign.etsy.com
Baby Steps. But forward Steps at that.
Grateful-Love, La
Oh- P.s. Here is a cute pic of Em- She is seriously getting so big...love those footie PJ's.


Comments

  1. Laurissa,

    So happy to hear everything falling in place for you. Been thinking and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts