June Bug edition!

One of my dear friends Suzy had her baby girl yesterday! I am so excited for her and her husband Andrew. Suzy and Andrew are high school sweet hearts and one of my most favorite couples! I was SOOO excited when I heard she was in labor and baby June was on her way that I did a crazy happy dance that I am pretty sure Dan thought was some kind of seizure. (Give me a break I went to a non-dancing private school so my dancing skillz are LAUGHABLE)
Suzy did a great job in labor (so I'm told!) and we are so proud of her! She only pushed for 20 minutes and I will forever be very JEALOUS of that! She was such a great pusher they made her stop so they could wait for the doc to get there! (yah...not fair!)
We got the change to go meet baby June and see the Johnsons last night.
Here is Suz with her little June bug!
(I mean who looks that beautiful after being in labor for 12 hours?!?!)

And here is June in all her chubby cheeked cuteness! PRESH! she also has a full head of THICK auburn hair under that hat. It is BEAUTIFUL! (Emmaus is gonna have to start growing in some thick hair because her built in BFF's both have THICK gorgeous hair!)
Yesterday we also had our first trip to the cardiologist with Emmaus. She did so well! She slept through the echo even! She smiled and coo'd at the cardiologist tech and fellow and then just fell right asleep while they were doing it. (made their jobs easy! hope they give us a discount on the bill for that. joke...) Tumors are still present in her heart but are not obstructing blood flow and haven't grown. The cardiologist even put in an order for an MRI for us since genetics can't see us for 9months. I am thankful for him getting the ball rolling...but I feel a bit overwhelmed I guess. She just seems so perfect now. I am almost afraid to start in on all this routine screening for this disease in fear of finding something new. I just have to continue to remind myself that God won't give me anything I can't handle and I can't live in fear of the "what if's"

I mean look at that cute little face! She didn't mind the doctors visit at all. She seriously is a joyful happy baby! (And about as cute as can be in my HUMBLE opinion)
We did have to go home with a HOLTER monitor for 24hours. Just to make sure her heart rhythm is okay. They don't have any reason to think it isn't okay, but the Doc just wanted to check to be sure. Dan is throughly freaked out by it. And once again Emmaus is completely unbothered by it. She even slept on Dan's chest last night- with those leads sticking off her chest I thought it would be uncomfortable but I guess not (that is there normal evening routine. She sleeps on his chest while we watch an episode or two of the Cosby show and then I feed her and we go to bed).

Dear Jesus thank for this easy relaxed baby! I think if she had colic or just was super fussy I might be completely overwhelmed especially with everything else going on. She truly is a joy.

Feeling Blessed!
Love, La

Comments

  1. I love your blog, it's so encouraging. I love hearing about how God is working and moving in your life. Your faith and reliance on Him is humbling. love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed the outfit in these pictures. Is that a BABY hospital gown!!!????

    ReplyDelete
  3. la. not to take away from your friend Suzy's beauty after 12 hours of labor, because you're right, she's beautiful. But in answer to your question, "I mean who looks that beautiful after being in labor for 12 hours?"
    YOU. i believe YOU looked that beautiful after 12 hours of labor.
    Maybe it's something in the water you people drink. Call me next time you're all together...i need to get some of that stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts