It has been so busy since little miss Emmaus entered this world. We have had about a billion visitors, a major holiday, a couple doctors appointments, trouble breast feeding, resolution of the breast feeding troubles, a couple household projects, and today we may even attempt a trip to the grocery store. (maybe) Baby E even took her first trip to church last night...slept well through all the worship music even though it is super loud, and only fussed when she was getting hungry! Yesterday she also went to meet great grandma Olson. My mom's mom. Which was fun.
She is such a great baby. She hardly ever fusses, she eats great, she sleeps well. I really can't complain. I feel great too. Pretty much completely recovered, (I can't believe that you have to wait 6 weeks to exercise!) I feel pretty rested. (again though, I am use to not a ton of sleep because I work nights and hate to miss anything so I just skip out on sleep a lot...super healthy I know..) Dan went back to work last tuesday and I survived last week without him. Although he was missed! I have showered mostly everyday- and I have come to realize how thankful I am that my hair holds a curl and I don't have to blow it dry everday, that helps a lot with a new baby!
We got Emmaus' newborn pictures taken. So stinking cute. I cried when I saw them. Seriously our photographer is the best. We have used her for everything and she has a gift of capturing a moment. There were several pictures that captured an expression or something that when I think back on her at this age it will be exactly how I remember her. (I will post those in another blog this week)
Okay- enough chat here are a ton of pics. First of the nursery...I meant to do this post a long time ago. Only one shade is finished...I hope to finish the other soon. (And the curtain bar needs to come down, but again who has time to do that?) Most of the stuff in the room was DIY. I am happy with how it turned out and how low our overall cost turned out to be!
We made our own bumper pads & bed skirt, & Dan made the E that is framed above the bed. The pink metal "tiles" that are above the crib I got at a garage sale for 5buck and spray painted them matte ballet slipper by Krylon. Dan and I made the roman shade...(Don't try it... it's a pain in the ASS totally not worth it- and I still have another friggin' one to make!)
*My gma recovered the chair for us and gave us the mirror which we repainted. I did the artwork.
The butterflies are inspired by something I saw at pottery barn but was unwilling to pay 35 bucks for. They are card stock and fabric. The dream thing came from clearance at joAnns fabric and then I added the polka dot fabric behind it. And the pink bird art came from ETSY- it has a verse on it that we love.
Dan found the changing table on craigs list
The lamp I spray painted the same color as the metal "tiles" that hang above her bed, and then I covered the shade with the same fabric as the bumper pads and E initial above the bed.
The art above the changing table was done with fabrics that I used also in the butterflies.
So that's the nursery.
Here is a pic of our family of three on the 4th of July. We are aware we are not festive... baby girl didn't have any red/white/blue/ that fit yet and mommy didn't have much that fit yet- although I was proud to fit into non-pregnancy shorts on the 4th! And daddy has NO EXCUSE.
Here is a sweet pic of baby E to meeting my grandma Olson. She is her second Great-grand child. First girl.
Here is a project we did this weekend. Here is the before and after.
BEFORE
AFTER

The lamp on the table died. So we needed to do something else with the space. We have wanted to get more pictures framed so now we are! We jumped on the gallery wall band wagon. (pics have been ordered) My Dad gave my mom an African Violet when I was born and it is still living! So he is giving it to be since I had my first baby. (My mom kills plants so about 5 days after he gave it to her he took it back and has kept it alive all this time...I kill plants too...so it may have to go back to him at some point but I am going to try!) I will put the plant on the stack of books.

And lastly I will leave you with a cute pic of Emmaus. Love that kid!
Love,
La

Comments

  1. The nursery is so sweet! Way to go, crafty mama! And I just wanted to take little bites out of her last night she was so cute! I can't wait to see the newborn pics! Is that enough exclamation marks for you? No? Okay! Here! You! Go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable hon! Love that last pic of her. And her nursery is to die for, you are so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it. you're such a freaking rockstar mom. you're hot, you baby is beautiful, and your house looks better than mine and i have 5 days off a week and have no baby that needs something from me 24 hours a day. Rockstar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Seriously, this is too amazing. BTW, where did you get the toy box? It is perfect for a baby!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts