My new years resolution

What's that you say? It's not New Years?!? Well that's okay- I worked this new years eve so I am pretty sure I didn't make a resolution. (I guess I could scan back on the blog and check for sure...but I don't remember what they were...surprise, surprise.)

So I am under this false belief that with a newborn will come productivity. I am not a very productive person. I am organized and plan things to a T...but when it comes to getting stuff done I am not the best. Especially if I don't have a schedule (I think this is why I am under the false assumption that with the schedule of a child I will also get more done) Go ahead....laugh. I know I am WRONG. I am aware how comical this seems and is and wrong I am.

For instance...today I had nothing planned. I did call and make all the phone calls I needed to this morning-which was SUPER FRUSTRATING(but thats not the point..dumb insurance people...not you Dan-I love you and am sorry that people get frustrated with you often.).... then I met with my BFF that I hadn't seen in about 2 weeks. And then I came home in the early afternoon and did NOTHING. Well I did something...but pretty much it consisted of me looking at Pintrest.com for about 4 hours. (Don't have a pintrest...yah get one its addictive. Any of you who are even minorly creative or crafty, will become obsessed. ) Then at 5pm I start looking around thinking THIS HOUSE IS A MESS....and DAN IS GOING TO BE HUNGRY, I HAVE NO DINNER PLANS and I HAVE HEARTBURN AND HAVE TO GO TO CVS TO GET TUMS..(another random not the point thing...how is it this baby has dropped some and now I have heartburn again!?!) So although I could have done laundry, made the bed, cleaned up the kitchen, done the dishes, planned dinner before 5pm now I am rushing to do all those things so my husband who has worked all day doesn't think WHAT HAS THIS GIRL DONE ALL DAY when he gets home. (He would never say that, but I am sure he thinks it sometimes-and I can't even use "the baby didn't sleep all day" as an excuse yet!)
Anyway- I need a plan. I think some kind of chore chart or something. Yes I know that sounds like I am 5 years old.
Anyway- I need to figure that out ASAP. If I could just do a little cleaning each day I think more would get done.
This is what we ended up eating for dinner- Yah- pulled it off even with my late planning.
We grilled out. The zucchini was TO DIE FOR!! And the tilapia also was DELISH. Rice was from a bag and was Dan's request and was so-so...but he liked it.
Here are the recipes

Tomato Garlic Tilapia

Ingredients

4 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia

salt and pepper to taste

4 tablespoons butter

3 cloves garlic, pressed

4 fresh basil leaves, chopped

1 large tomato, chopped

1 cup white wine

Preheat a grill for medium-high heat.

Place the tilapia fillets side by side on a large piece of aluminum foil. Season each one with salt and pepper. Place one tablespoon of butter on top of each piece of fish, and sprinkle garlic, basil and tomato. Pour the wine over everything. Fold foil up around fish, and seal into a packet. Place packet on a cookie sheet for ease in transportation to and from the grill.

Place foil packet on the preheated grill, and cook for 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open the packet carefully so as not to get burned from the steam, and serve.


Grilled Garlic Parmesan Zucchini

3 zucchini

3 tablespoons butter, softened

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley

1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.

Cut the zucchini in half crosswise, then slice each half into 3 slices lengthwise, making 6 slices per zucchini.

Mix the butter, garlic, and parsley in a bowl, and spread the mixture on both sides of each zucchini slice. Sprinkle one side of each slice with Parmesan cheese, and place the slices, cheese sides up, crosswise on the preheated grill to keep them from falling through.

Grill the zucchini until the cheese has melted and the slices are cooked through and show grill marks, about 8 minutes.

That's all for now.

Love, LA

Comments

Popular Posts