32 weeks and mothers day


First off I want to say happy mothers day to my MA. I am so thankful to have such a wonderful mom. I hope someday my daughter and I can have a friendship like I now have with my mother. She did a wonderful job of being a mom and not a friend when I was growing up, and it is fun to have her as a mom and a friend now. I love you MA.
(Yah- we don't look ANYTHING alike huh? JK)

Now- onto the baby stuff
32 weeks. WOAH! I honestly cannot believe we are already to this point. 8ish weeks and I get to meet my sweet baby girl. I get kinda giddy just thinking about it.
Things that happened this week (we will do fun things first)
*Baby girl turned head down- I am WAY more comfortable now. (comfortable is a relative term here...I am comfortable as far as that word fits into being 32 weeks preggo)
* I had my first baby shower. It was lovely! And so much fun. (I also cannot believe how much STUFF babies have/need) We are so thankful for all the wonderful things we received for baby girl. I wish I had pictures to post-but of course I forgot my camera so I will have to wait until someone posts them on Facebook, or gets me a disc of the images. I seriously would forget my head if it wasn't attached.
*Laci got to come into town to help throw the shower-so it was fun to see her as well.
*Our nursery is pretty much done! We got our toy storage shelf thing at the shower so all we need to do now is hang curtains and put the storage unit together.
On the not so fun side
*I had to take my glucose tolerance test this week. Not the most fun thing ever. I could stomach the SICKLY sweet drink, the "soccer star" (as one friend put it) having kicking practice with my ribcage, and the blood draw but.......I FAILED IT! SOOOOO that blows. I now have to completely change my diet and eat very differently. High protein, low carb....BOO. bye bye to my frozen yogurt trips, eating jimmy johns on their delish bread, rice, rolls, ice cream, chipotle- I may cry over this one. (Okay who are we kidding I have cried SEVERAL times over this new development and I only found out on friday) However, I know it is healthier for me and baby girl at this point so its only for 8ish weeks- I can do it!
*Since baby girl turned head down I now pee about 100 times a day. I woke up 4 times last night to pee between 11 and 4. Yah. NICE. And the worst part is that when you do pee it often is just about 3 drops, yet you feel like you have to pee SOOO BAD. However, I will take this over her being sideways. =)

Check out this video. I pretty think it is the sweetest idea ever. I may or may not have gotten a little choked up watching it.
Love, La

Comments

  1. I had the gestational diabetes with Maggie. I found out two days before our truck-load of Girl Scout Cookies arrived. I cried. A lot. But then I realized that I could still eat one or two of them, if I took a walk right before or after. Once you get the crying out about the whole thing, it turns out to not be such a big deal. And I pretty much eat like I did when I was preggo with her to drop the pounds. Keep on keeping on sister friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks my beautiful daughter! I love you bunches, too! MA

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so beautiful. Pregnant looks gooooood on you giiiirl.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts