A guest post from the Husband

Back in the day he used to be one of the editors of Prep News (Rockhurst High School's News paper) so he is not new to writing. Back in that same day they used to call him Tellum which is "Mullet" spelled backwards cause he used to rock the "walking eye-lash" hairdo- this is back when he had hair. Essentially the walking eyelash is short hair and long bangs. A backwards mullet. Hil to the airous.

Without further ado I introduce the VERY FIRST guest blogger on Land of LA- It is my wonderful hubby Dan. Here are some of his thoughts on the pregnancy process ect ect.


I have now been introduced to the world of blogging. Now, if only I knew what the F twitter was…..Anyhoo….this is going to be interesting. I’m not really big about putting my emotions on paper. I have had a journal for three years now and have written in the first five pages. What I am trying to say is that if this is boring, I sincerely apologize.

My wife has now been pregnant for 31 weeks. It is a truly amazing experience to watch her and the baby grow every week. I really just want to say how proud of my wife I am and how much I am in love with her. I love her more and more everyday and every time that I look at her, I am absolutely amazed at the courage and strength it takes to be pregnant. In our birthing class today, we talked about the support role that a husband plays in the birthing process. We talked about things that she liked and disliked as far as comfortable positions, touching, and verbal encouragement. Laurisa looked at me and said, “Don’t ever call me a rockstar.” But she is a rocksar, I will just never say it to her face. (BUT I WILL WRITE IT ON HER BLOG) HAHAHAHA!

Furthermore, It truly is amazing to see and feel my child move in the womb. Every time I feel her move, or even watch my wife’s belly start boogying, I get more and more excited to meet my daughter. If I could tell my daughter one thing right now, it is that when she comes into this world, she has a mother and a father that will always love her, no matter what.

I have enjoyed putting together our nursery for her. I have enjoyed working on the small little projects with my wife as well as watching her vision of what she wanted to really come alive……which you all will see soon enough! I have enjoyed putting together her crib, which was actually more complicated than I thought it would be. I have enjoyed going to thrift stores over and over with LA to find picture frames, possible furniture, and little gidgets for the nursery. I have enjoyed refinishing what we have bought, and truly making the nursery our own. I even enjoyed realizing that the dresser that I bought off of Craig’s list probably wasn’t the best purchase because I had to redo the tracks on all the doors. (The bottom drawer you have to pull down and out to open and push in and up to close….but hey, ghetto or not, it works!). I have even enjoyed recently finishing my “special project” for the room. It was a refinished frame with a recovered mat and her initial cut out from fabric that matches the bumper. I think it ties in the whole crib area in the room. And next weekend while LA gets to enjoy her baby shower, I will begin building the shelves!

9 weeks isn’t that long. By the time we know it, she will be here. I keep thinking to myself, “Oh I will just do that next weekend”, and then I realize that, no, I should probably do that this weekend.
Next on the baby preparation agenda: Work on comfortable laboring positions with LA and find out exactly how she wants to be supported while laboring. Secondly, we need to get together a notecard or two of some bullet points of a rough draft birth plan to make sure we are on the same page. Thirdly, I would like to get together the diaper bag, and the laboring bag….just in case baby were to decide to come early for some reason…..just to be on the safe side.

PS. LA WEIGHT GAIN = 13 LBS, DAN WEIGHT Gain = ~13 lbs!

She looks pregnant and will continue to do so. If I continue to do so, I will be just fat.

-Dan

Comments

  1. LOVE it! way to go Dan! good little blogger you are. and i agree with you...your wife is a rockstar.
    I can't wait for this baby to get here and watch you guys rock at this whole parenting thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan!! Love this post...made me teary eyed. You guys are gonna be such amazing parents, baby girl is so lucky. You guys are both rockstars, and one blesses little family;) Can't wait...9 more weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts