30 weeks & a big preggo belly

Today is monday...which means I am TECHNICALLY 30 weeks and 2 days. (Just giving myself credit where credit is due!) Wow these weeks go by fast. Last week was the most uncomfortable and grumpy I have been since being preggo. Baby girl is getting too big and laying too sideways for me to be comfortable. (my MIL made the mistake of saying "poor baby she is squished in there and getting big" to me yesterday. It took all my control not to snap back "POOR BABY? HELLO???? POOR ME. I AM THE UNCOMFORTABLE ONE!" granted I had only had 3.5 hours of sleep and wasn't thinking rationally. Miracle I kept my trap shut.) I tried all week to get her to turn. Doing this crazy inversion thing....
which actually is more comfortable than it looks if you just breath through it. I also tried using bags of frozen veggies strategically placed on top of my belly. Apparently she SHOULD dislike the cold and turn away from it- which, she seems fine with being frozen out so far and has stayed put.

This week we did our 3D ultrasound. She had her face smooshed up against my placenta and we didn't get any really good pics, but it was still fun to see her move for a while. Dan LOVED it, so it was definitely worth it just so he could see her. He seriously ate up every movement she made. This girl is gonna be so lucky to have a wonderful daddy that loves her so much!

So on to stuff about 30 weeks.
-Like I mentioned before I have been pretty uncomfortable and grumpy (dan is so patient and loving with me)
-Sleeping has been mediocre. If I can get kinda propped up on my back I do okay. Side sleeping is not so fun.
-Baby girl is just over 3lbs and moves a lot.
-At our ultrasound she was laying transverse still but had both of her feet up by her head. In a pike position. So her head, hands and feet are on my left side and her little rump is on my right side.
-At this point we are primarily waiting on weight gain, lung development, and brain development before she can be born healthy. (10ish weeks till we meet you baby girl- you can make it 7 or 8 if you want. that's fine by me)
-At our last Drs appt we found out I have O- blood and dan is O+ so I have to get Rhogam at our next visit to prevent future complications in pregnancy due to the possibility of my blood and baby girls blood mixing at delivery.
-I also need to do a glucose tolerance test- which I have been avoiding.
Here are my 30 week pics. A front and side view.
You can see a little sneak peak of the nursery in this pic.
Dan worked on so many projects for the nursery saturday. He got a ton accomplished. I was feeling extremely uncomfortable, unmotivated, and just lazy and spent most of my time not at work this week in THIS heavenly place.
Yep that is our mess of a bed. But let me tell you it was well used this week.

In other news. I made this for dinner Friday night-mainly because Dan deserved a hot cooked meal, for putting up with me all week. It was delish. (I should post the recipe, but that would take effort) It was made from scratch- even the salad dressing. Yep be impressed.
And I'm reading this...
I want to see the movie so bad so I need to read faster! It is very good so far.

Comments

  1. You look SO CUTE! I love that top! Sorry you're so uncomfortable! Hopefully we'll see you on Thursday??

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are SOOOOO damn CUTE!!!
    i love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts