What Eve and I have in common

This weekend after taking about 45 pictures to find one to post on my blog to show my belly progress I was defeated and pretty much super down on myself. I was upset with Dan’s inability to get a good photo, upset with myself in how I look, and just being really hard on myself & Dan. Anyway- a bit later Dan said something (that me maybe has said a few times before) but he said “You really need to work on how you see yourself. God created you so beautifully, you are created in his image, and you do not see that”

He is right. Completely right. And I cannot argue with his statement one bit.

I often think about Eve and how she believed the snake when he told her “you will not die if you eat the fruit”. How could she believe a snake? I mean she believed a slithering animal above the Creator that she knew well, had relationship with, & walked with in the cool of the evening? How could she not believe what God said above what the snake said?

Our small group is reading “Waking the Dead” by John Eldredge- In the first chapter he talks about how we are at battle and says this- (talking about Satan_) …”Unable to overthrow the Mighty One, he turned his sights on those who bore his image. He lied to us about where true life was to be found, and we believed him.” This hit me hard. I always think harshly of Eve…how foolish she was to not believe what God had spoken to her. And then the way he phrases this sentence… “HE LIED TO US”.

Here I am living my life, being lied to everyday by Satan and I BELIEVE him! God tells me all the time I am beautiful, He tells me through others, he tells me in his Word, He tells me in my quiet times with Him. Yet, I choose to believe the lies Satan is telling him.

Eldredge later writes …. “Paul says, "arm yourselves", and the first piece of equipment he urges us to don is the belt of truth (Eph 6:10-18) We arm ourselves by getting a good, solid grip on our situation, by getting some clarity on the battle over our lives.”

So this week I am acknowledging and fighting this battle over my life. And I am going to start by daily donning myself with the belt of truth.

Just wanted to share.

That’s all I’ve got for now

Love- LA

Comments

  1. I am so thankful for your transparency on this blog. I too am dealing with "self-image blues" and find that your blog speaks right to my heart. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You want some truth? You're lovely. And that baby is dang cute (I can tell already). And you're gonna be a fantastic mama. There. Truth. Take that, Snake.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts