ELECTRIFYING

So last night I had an very weird thing happen. I was at the gym running on the treadmill and when I went to put in my ear buds they gave me a not so subtle electric shock. I was very surprised and thought it may have to do with the volume. Silly me put them back in and continued to get shocked....GO FIGURE. Well I stopped using them promptly and continued my run. However, every time I would touch the metal on the treadmill I would shock myself. The hair on my arms and neck was standing on end. Finally a little freaked out I got off the treadmill to touch the rubber mats thinking that would help. It did so I finished my work out and went home. I felt fine, showered, but then when I went to dry my hair and plug in my dryer electricity jumped out of the outlet and zapped my fingers making them completely numb. I was slightly (I mean very) scared and called my mom who very coolly told me I was probably going to be one of those people who spontaneously combust. THANKS MOM.
Anyway, I finally dried my hair but wearing rubber souled shoes... I figured that would ground me right? But for the rest of the night I felt the effects of my electric events. My skin periodically felt like a current was running across it making me feel itchy and I continued to shock people/my poor dog that I encountered. Thankfully it wasn't a rainy night and I didn't get struck by lightning... cause I am guessing that was the next step on my path last night. I was also thankful for my very funny friend Jacky who immediately took the situation seriously (After reading my facebook status) and did some research on "Minor electric shocks" Thanks friend! =)
Here is a link to spontaneous combustion just for you to read up on
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spontaneous_human_combustion

Comments

  1. ha! you should be on an episode of some teen drama about spooky things.... how weird! please dont explode though, thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts