I propose a confrontation class.

Once a year my best friend and I have a huge knock down HUMUNGO fight. I am the opinionated person who can put it all out there and sometimes not realize I have offended someone and she is the person who wants everyone to be happy and truly has very little of a backbone to stand up to her overbearing bff. We lack the essential communication skills to understand each other. However, we love each other and both never have stopped fighting for our friendship. Watching other people I feel that this is a common problem. Just plain lack of communication skills.
MAYBE!!! We should require all students to take a communication class and learn how to resolve conflict. - But that is just my overly opinionated opinion. =)
I think we all need to remember that women want to be pursued. Even if it is in friendship. So if you have a friend out there that you aren't pursuing try a little harder. Pick up the phone, make the first call. Encourage them. Let go of the false perceptions that you have about your friends and love them. Friendships fade and they won't always last forever, but if both people aren't in it, if both aren't trying and both aren't pursuing each other...its not gonna work. At lease in the girl world. So be the bigger person and if both people are being the bigger person it will work out.
But again, that is just my overly opinionated opinion. -La

Comments

Popular Posts