The sea is churning....

For a while now I have been feeling that God is calling me to step out of my current life situation and begin to follow him first. So this week at 61 they announced that The Gathering is going to become its own church seperate from Heartland. This whole concept scares me. Jon our pastor made the illustration that God is calling the Gathering to get out of the boat and come to him on the water. And of course that is a very scary thing. Over the last few days I am becomming more comfortable with the idea and truly preparing myself to become a leader in this new step. I am not a follower... I never have been and it is time to stop having one foot out of and one foot in the boat. God says he hates lukewarm christians...he spews them out of his mouth. I am a luke warm follower of Christ and it is time to turn up the temperature!
I need to become a woman who prays without ceasing and who lives her life in the word. I am excited about the changes but scared.
After 61 at the Gathering we sang this song multiple times that says "I will not be afraid, I will not be ashamed for you are with me, you are with me. And I've seen enough to know, that you're my only hope. I don't want to go if you're not with me."

I will not be afraid. If God is for me, who can be against me!
In other news, we have less than two months until I become Mrs Laurisa Ballew. I am excited. I need to relax, put my mind at ease and just have fun in the next two months. There is stuff left to do, but I really have to just get my mind ready to have fun on that day. I am honestly super stressed about it, which isn't necessary, but just how I am. SO RELAX is my motto. It will be wonderful without me trying to control every single detail.

Comments

Popular Posts