2010 a year in review

HAPPY 2011!
I am truly not one for resolutions or reflection of entire years- HOWEVER! Due to my increased hormones I am feeling especially sentimental about 2010 and I have come up with some very good resolutions that I think are do-able and necessary for my life.
So firstly for resolutions
1st- I want to enjoy the stage/time of life I am in. Early on my pregnancy I realized I was always saying " I am almost X amount of weeks" instead of just saying I am X number of weeks. Why was I doing that? After a bit of reflection I realized I always am rushing to the next thing in my life. All my life I have anticipated the future, graduation from highschool, college, getting married, having babies, Pretty soon I will be 95 years old and looking forward to heaven and thing " I should have savored my life!" Looking forward is great, but sometimes I miss the present because I am planning the future.
2nd- I will not micromanage my husband. I am married to the most wonderful man, that I have faith in and is completely capable of doing things by himself his way... Our minds work so drastically different and being the type A person I am I tend to think my way is best- whether that is when hanging pictures, driving to our destination in the car, or any number of other activities. I want to be an encouragement and respectful to him and by micromanaging our projects I do the opposite of that.

Here are a few pictures that show My favorite events this year- they are not in any order just things that stood out to me this year that I particularly enjoyed.


This Year Dan and and I both got baptized. Our church has an annual baptism and neither of us had been baptized as an adult. It was a wonderful celebration with friends and family

We found out at the End of October that we will be adding a child to our family in early July. We are super excited and can't wait to meet out little one.

My wonderful husband Graduated from KU's school of business and got a really great job at Farmers Insurance. I was so proud of him graduating- it definitely gets harder the older you get and he sacrificed a lot to finish up.

Dan and I got a chance to get out of town and visit Memphis Tennessee this fall. We had a ton of fun just being together, seeing all the history, listening to some great music and of course seeing Graceland! We also stopped at a B&B in Hermann Mo's wine country on the way to memphis and Laura Ingalls Wilder's Childhood home in Mansfield, Mo on the way home (I may have been a bit obsessed with the Little House books when I was little...I may have worn a prairie dress and bonnet to school in third grade! bahahaha!)

My favorite Southerner came to visit. She is a breath of fresh air and I was so greatful to get to have her here and get to spend some time with her.

Our First Anniversary was in June and we had a wonderful dinner at the melting pot- Dan very carefully timed all his meat in the fondu pot which I thought was super ammusing and we ate way to much. Later the next day we "recreated" our wedding cake top...we may have eaten it after the wedding cause neither of us got a slice of cake.

I created a (very) small business this year. Sasa Blue is a Play on my names and has a line of things from baby products to headbands and clips. It has been fun getting to have a place to create and fun to make a little extra cash. I did a craft/art fair in August. It was very fun to decorate a booth and do some business

So those are my favs of 2010.
HAPPY NEW YEAR! BLESSINGS IN 2011

Comments

  1. What? What? What? A BABY?! Hooray! So I just found your blog and I'm so excited for you guys! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome about that art/craft fair! So cool! Where was it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts